To make Japanese Omurice (a Japanese omelette with rice) you will need
- 500g minced chicken
- 1 chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped carrot
- 2 chopped shiitake mushrooms
- 3 cups freshly cooked rice
- 6 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- Tomato ketchup
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
Here are the instructions to make omurice:
- In a hot pan, melt butter and fry onion until clear. Add chicken, salt and pepper and stir until cooked through.
- Add carrots and mushrooms. Cook until softened.
- Add rice and parsley and mix over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs and milk.
- In a separate pan, melt butter and add one quarter of the beaten eggs with a little salt and pepper. Fry over medium heat.
- Add a quarter of the mixed rice in the middle of the omelette and flip the sides over it.
- Gently place on a plate and spread a little tomato ketchup on top.
Japanese Omurice Omelette